JK Land for Landless Scheme 2023: The Jammu and Kashmir administration has taken a significant stride by endorsing a proposition that involves granting 5 marlas of land to each destitute family, enabling them to construct homes under the ambit of the Prime Minister Awas Yojna (PMAY). On 25th of August, the Lieutenant Governor’s office of Jammu and Kashmir implemented a restriction that confines the allotment of land under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) exclusively to residents of the Union Territory who are in need.
A person is classified as landless if they are a domicile of J&K, possess a distinct family unit, lack land in their name or the name of any family member, or are ineligible to inherit five Marlas or more of land. Refer below for comprehensive details concerning the J&K Land for Landless Scheme, encompassing its highlights, objectives, features, advantages, eligibility criteria, application procedures, and more.
Jammu & Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme in 2023 (JK Land for Landless Scheme)
The Jammu and Kashmir government has directed the allocation of 5 Marla land to beneficiaries of PMAY who are without land. This endeavor aims to furnish 5 Marla parcels of land to individuals who do not currently possess residences, enabling them to construct their ideal homes. This momentous resolution was passed by the Administrative Council of Jammu and Kashmir on June 21, 2023.
The program’s third phase, encompassing the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, is accessible to the beneficiaries in Jammu and Kashmir who were previously overlooked or who lack their own residences but wish to partake in the program.
Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha expressed that this marked a historic milestone for Jammu and Kashmir and signaled a new dawn for numerous landless families. He regarded this decision as a monumental step in his administration’s quest for societal equity, parity, honor, and equal prospects for all individuals.
Jammu & Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme
|Name of Scheme||J&K Land for Landless Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Introduced on||3rd July 2023|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Objective||To Provide 5 Marla land to the people of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Beneficiary||All landless people of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Landless families||1.83 lakh families|
|No. of Plots||A total of 2,711 plots distributed|
|Registration process||Online or Offline mode|
Aim of the Jammu & Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme
Several years ago, Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasized that every family across the nation ought to possess a shelter. Following to that declaration, state governments initiated efforts to actualize this aspiration, a vision that is gradually materializing. The government of Jammu and Kashmir launched a scheme aimed at providing land to families that lack it.
Features and Merits of the Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme
Here are some salient attributes and advantages of the Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme:
- The Union Territory administration has endorsed the allotment of 5 Marla state land on a lease basis for the benefit of landless PMAY (G)/Awas plus beneficiaries, as stipulated by the Revenue Department’s set of guidelines.
- Qualified recipients of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) are entitled to receive 5 marla land without charge.
- Numerous landless families have realized their homeownership aspirations through this initiative, championed by the government of Jammu and Kashmir.
- In cases where homes were completely razed due to terrorist attacks, individuals can also apply for inclusion in this program.
- The core objective of this scheme is to accord respect, honor, and societal regard to landless families in J&K who are devoid of homes.
- Participants have the opportunity to create fresh income streams under this scheme.
- To date, 2,711 landless families have secured plots as a result of this program.
- The primary aim of this scheme is to eliminate the existing backlog by 2024.
- Families lacking land will gain access to 150 square yards of land through this initiative.
- A survey revealed that 183,000 families do not possess their own residences.
Eligibility Criteria for the Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme
Individuals intending to apply for the Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme must satisfy the subsequent eligibility prerequisites:
- The program is open to all those residing on state-owned land.
- Eligibility extends to those residing on agricultural land.
- Families dwelling in forest areas are included.
- Those occupying custodian land qualify.
- Displaced individuals in proximity to Dachi Village Park who have not received construction approval from the government are eligible.
- Housing alternatives are available for all in J&K who lack homes.
Procedure for Applying to the Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme
The Government of Jammu and Kashmir recently launched the J&K Land for Landless Scheme. Although the official website for this scheme has not yet been released, it is expected to be made available shortly by the government. We will promptly update this post as soon as fresh information concerning this program emerges.